ScaleGrid enables you to deploy and manage Redis™* through your own AWS account. Managing your Redis™ clusters in your own AWS account has several advantages, including:
- You don’t need to expose your Redis™ servers to the internet. You can control access to the Redis™ clusters in your account with AWS security groups.
- Buy reserved instances and save up to 30% on your hosting costs.
- VPC support.
- Full admin access to the underlying machines.
Step 1: Create a cloud profile for your AWS account
1. Enter your AWS keys. You can also create a custom IAM user using the ScaleGrid IAM policy:
3. Choose your deployment style – ‘Classic’ or ‘VPC’. In this example, we will pick a VPC public subnet:
Step 2: Deploy a cluster with the Cloud Profiles that were created in the previous step
2. Distribute replicas across AZ’s for high availability:
3. Select ‘Caching’ mode if you are using Redis™ as a cache:
4. Select your persistence options – Periodic RDB snapshots and/or AOF. Also, select the backup schedule for your deployment:
5. Enable ‘Encryption at rest’ for your Redis™ persistence data if needed:
Click ‘Create’ to create the deployment. As always if you have further questions please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check out ScaleGrid Hosting for Redis™ for more info.